The Charity Care Programs of Visiting Nurse & Hospice Care include the following:
- Charitable subsidies for home health and hospice patients unable to pay
- Room and board subsidies for terminally ill patients at Serenity House who are uninsured and unable to pay
- Free bath and respite care for low income seniors
- Loan of medical equipment from the Community Loan Closet
- Grief counseling and bereavement support for community members going through loss
- Community education on various health and wellness topics
Opened in August 2011, VNHC’s new Serenity House offers patients and their families a residential, home-like setting in natural surroundings where they receive high-quality and individualized around-the-clock care from a team of specially trained doctors, nurses, medical social workers, spiritual counselors, hospice aides and volunteers that support emotional, spiritual and physical needs at the end of life.
Made possible by generous support from the greater Santa Barbara community, VNHC has created a world-class medical facility that sets a new standard for quality hospice care. Serenity House provides patients with a peaceful and comforting environment reflecting the medical nonprofit’s commitment to providing independent, safe and dignified care throughout the remainder of their lives.
As we welcome patients into the new House, there are still some naming opportunities available for rooms inside the building and landscape features outside the building. There is also a beautiful outside Memory Wall for remembering loved ones.