The innovation of Visiting Nurse Associations began in the 1880s in New York, where free nursing care was provided to those who could otherwise not afford it. After graduating from the first nursing class at Johns Hopkins University, Marian Watts continued the new trend of bringing care directly to the patient in need and began one of the first VNAs of America in Santa Barbara in 1908. With a small coalition of other women from Santa Barbara and Montecito, VNA of Santa Barbara began going to the home of patients who either physically could not make it to a hospital, or simply could not afford the care they needed. In 1910 Marian purchased the organization’s first building on Haley Street, which still stands today, and even featured a “loan closet” with nursing supplies for caregivers and patients. Marian Watts began the necessary and compassionate care that Santa Barbara needed, and it has been sustained with continuous support from the community.
Bobbie & Gerry Rubin
Please consider joining in her legacy to continue innovation
and ensure trusted and compassionate care for all.
Heart Circle – $10,000 and above
Access to Trust Circle advantages plus:
• VIP Concierge Hotline for access to VNHC services
Trust Circle- $5,000 to $9,999
Access to Compassion Circle advantages plus:
• Exclusive invite to attend VIP reception before PHORUM healthcare event
• A personal visit with VNHC President/ CEO
Compassion Circle – $2,500 to $4,999
Access to Care Circle advantages plus:
• Annual intimate reception with VNHC Leadership
• Priority seating at VNHC public events (excludes Mother’s Day Luncheon)
Care Circle – $1,000 to $2,499
Donors enjoy the following:
• Invitation to Marian Watts Reception hosted by VNHC
• Name listed in Annual Report/ online
• Receive seasonal Heart to Heart magazine with latest updates on VNHC and healthcare
• Personal invitation to VIP tour of Serenity House and/or Loan Closet
Invitation to Marian Watts Reception hosted by VNHC
For more information, please contact Brittany Avila Wazny at 805.690.6290 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.