Visiting Nurse & Hospice Care provides high quality, comprehensive home health, hospice, and related services necessary to promote the health and well-being of all community residents, including those unable to pay.
In our second century of caring, we maintain a strong commitment to our charitable mission. Each year, VNHC provides over $2.4 million in charitable care for our community!
There are many exciting opportunities for you to support our mission and join the philanthropic community. Read about them below, and click on the links for more details.
For additional information contact the VNHC Foundation Office at email@example.com or (805) 690-6290.
Marian Watts was the founder of the Visiting Nurse Association of Santa Barbara, and an innovative leader in healthcare at the turn of the 20th century. She was one of the first to begin an organization that brought healthcare to the patient, regardless of their ability to pay. View this page to learn more about joining the Marian Watts Society and sustaining her legacy of compassionate homecare.
Visiting Nurse & Hospice Care is honored to host three beautiful and memorable Angels Among Us Remembrance Services each year during the winter season – in North County and Santa Barbara. It is a time of reflection and shared connection that includes touching music, a brief program, and candle lighting ceremony.
PHorum is Santa Barbara’s annual healthcare symposium where national, regional and local health care leaders share and discuss relevant issues that impact our community. Now in its fifth year, PHorum featured keynote speaker Gary Malkin will discuss Music as medicine for the heart & soul.
In honor of Mother’s Day, Visiting Nurse & Hospice Care honors two mothers – to celebrate their lives and acknowledge their contributions to the community. The event includes a generational fashion show, delightful lunch and drinks, and an enchanting program.
Memorial and Honor Gifts – Appreciation Garden
Join us as we honor and remember the special people in our lives whose spirit lives in all we do!
Visiting Nurse & Hospice Care is honored to receive contributions in memory or honor of a loved one. Please click here to make a gift and have your loved one’s name placed in our lovely online Appreciation Garden. We will send a card to the family member or friend you designate to let them know of your gift.
Many of our patient families have asked us how to include information in an obituary that would suggest gifts be made to Visiting Nurse & Hospice Care. If you would like to do this, the following is a sample of wording you may want to use:
“In lieu of flowers, please make a contribution to Visiting Nurse & Hospice Care at 509 E. Montecito Street, Suite 200, Santa Barbara, CA 93103 or by visiting their website at www.vnhcsb.org.”
Serenity House Memorial Garden Wall
Serenity House is a beautiful place to honor a loved ones memory. The Serenity House grounds are welcome to the public for families and loved ones to visit at any time. If you would like to
If you would like to place a leaf plaque in honor or memory of a loved one on the Serenity House Memorial Garden Wall, [as pictured on top of page] or inquire other Serenity House naming opportunities, please contact Brittany Avila Wazny, Foundation Donor Relations Coordinator, at 805.690.6290 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Leaf plaques begin at a donation of $5,000.
Charity Care –In keeping with our charitable mission of providing care to all in need, including those unable to pay, we provide subsidized care through each of our programs. Subsidized care is available on a sliding fee scale or at no charge depending on the patient’s financial status.
Please see below examples of how charity care benefits the community:
- Room and board subsidies for terminally ill patients at Serenity House who are uninsured and unable to pay
- Free bath and respite care for low-income seniors
- Loan of medical equipment from the Community Loan Closet
- Grief counseling and bereavement support for community members going through loss
- Community education on various health and wellness topics
Visiting Nurse & Hospice Care and Affiliates provides many programs in the community. Your support can help community members participate in these programs even if they are unable to pay.
– Serenity House is an 18-bed residential hospice center that provides 24-hour skilled care and offers a place of comfort, dignity, and compassion for hospice patients whose needs cannot be met at home.
Make a gift
Personal Care Services
– Bereavement Support helps community members cope with the loss of a loved one, including one-on-one counseling, support groups, mailings of supportive literature, and an annual remembrance service.
Make a gift
– Integrative Therapies offers a number of proven therapeutic treatments in conjunction with the Hospice Care program, including music therapy, pet therapy, meditation, massage, reflexology, Reiki, aromatherapy, guided imagery, and art therapy.
Make a gift
– The Loan Closet loans basic medical equipment, such as walkers, wheelchairs, crutches, canes and bathroom safety items, at no charge to members of our community to help them recover, rehabilitate, or live safely and independently.
Make a gift
There are many naming opportunities ranging from $5,000 to $500,000 at Serenity House, VNHC’s Olive Court clinical and administrative complex, the Loan Closet, Bereavement, Community Room, and the Boardroom.
Get more info